One of my blog followers, mvschulze, has nominated me for the Sunshine Award.
MV describes his blog as “Stream of Thought observations, images, and more” and he can be found on http://mvschulze.wordpress.com. His observations are spot-on and so are his photos!
There are a number of rules that must be followed if you accept this award and then you have to answer a few questions.
Here are the rules:
Rule 1. Post the Sunshine Award logo on your blog
Rule 2. Nominate 10 fellow bloggers
Rule 3. Announce their nomination in their blog’s comment section
Rule 4. Mention links back to their blog, including a link to the person who nominated you.
Rule 5. Answer the questions. This is designed to help people get to know you better.
Here are my ten nominations:
1. http://strassenfotojournal.com Strassenfotojournal – Street Photography By Cornelia Lohs. Cornelia walks the streets on three continents taking her candid black and white photos.
2. http://ivonprefontaine.com Ivon Prefontaine’s blog is called Teacher as Transformer: Education, Leadership, Life, and Transformation. Ivon’s postings often contain pretty pictures and even prettier poems. He often reblogs gems from other bloggers.
3. http://2summers.net 2Summers: An American suburbanite in quirky Johannesburg. Heather Mason likes to walk around Joburg and take pictures with her cell phone. Then she writes about her experiences and shows us her Instagram treasures.
4. http://rebeccaplotnick.wordpress.com Rebecca Plotnick’s blog is called RL Photography: Fine Art Photography. Rebecca has been blogging a lot about Paris lately. Her photos are fantastic!
5. http://ithinkthereforeiamsterdam.wordpress.com Callum and Laura’s blog is called ithinkthereforeiamsterdam: Bikes, boats and bitterballen. Amsterdam is a great place to visit (we spent four days there last year) but if you can’t get there then the next best thing is to follow Callum and Laura.
6. http://vialucispress.wordpress.com Via Lucis: Photography of religious architecture. Detailed historical narratives by Dennis Aubrey combined with superb church photography by Dennis and PJ McKey make this my favorite blog. The churches Aubrey and PJ visit are mostly Romanesque and mostly in France.
7. http://livingonthenorthernplains.wordpress.com Danielle Mead Skjelver’s blog is called Historian Loose on the Northern Plains: Periodic Musings on Research, Writing, & the Persistence of Life Outside Those Activities. Danielle is a professor of history who lives in North Dakota. She is presently writing a novel about Martin Luther and also manages a website devoted to her family history.
8. http://sillymonkeyphoto.com/ Travel Photography by Dmitrii Lezine. Dmitrii is an expert in HDR photography. He also writes Windows 8 apps and produces a mystery photo every Friday.
9. http://czechtheflip.com Czech the Flip: Musings of a Filipino mom about life in the Czech Republic. The title of Grace’s blog says it all. She takes great pictures, too!
10. http://sartenada.wordpress.com Sartenada’s Photo Blog. Matti is from Finland and blogs in English, Spanish and French and takes terrific photos. He was the first person ever to comment on my blog.
Here are the the questions:
Favorite Color: Orange (and black) The colors of my favorite baseball team — the San Francisco Giants.
Favorite Animal: human (also least favorite).
Favorite Number: four — that’s how many grandkids I have!.
Non Alcoholic Drink: fresh orange juice.
Alcoholic Drink: Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook (don’t Twitter).
Passions: family, family history, history, photography, planning trips, traveling, blogging about our travels.
Giving or Receiving: I have received much more than I have ever given or will ever give.
Favorite City: San Francisco — where I grew up.
Favorite TV show: I was Lost for seven years and still follow Michael Emerson on Person of Interest.
Please check out my ten nominations plus mvschulze’s blog when you have the time. And thanks, MV, for nominating me!